Date 02nd December 2017
SWANSEA VIKINGS R.F.C. HITS TARGETS WITH EASYFUNDRAISING
Swansea Vikings has so far raised £844.04 by signing up to easyfundraising.org.uk.
The Vikings received the backing of many supporters who shopped through easyfundraising.org.uk to help boost their fundraising for free.
“It’s probably the easiest way to raise money, just for buying things that you were going to buy anyway,” said Peter Martin
“What is wonderful about easyfundraising is that it is absolutely free to us and our supporters and a very quick and simple way to raise funds for charities and good causes, large and small.
“Our supporters have commented on how easy the website is to use and some have saved it as their homepage as a reminder to use whenever they shop online.
“All charities should sign up to this and get supporters on board – the donations raised from each online purchase soon turn into pounds.”
Funds are raised in a very simple way. Supporters register to help a good cause and whenever they shop through the site with any of the 2,700 retailers listed on easyfundraising.org.uk, the retailer gives a small percentage of what’s been spent back to the good cause to say thank you for shopping with them.
Many high street names are now involved including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay and Tesco giving causes and supporters a great opportunity to raise funds.
Swansea Vikings is one of thousands of causes across the UK which has benefitted from more than £5 million in donations made through easyfundraising, with more than half a million supporters signed up to the site.
The cash has been raised since the Staffordshire based company launched twelve years ago in 2005. Supporters shop through the site to earn cash donations from retailers for their cause.
The company was set up by Ian Woodroffe, a former telecoms account manager, who, while recovering from cancer, wanted to use the boom in internet shopping to help cash strapped charities generate much needed funds.
“I am delighted Swansea Vikings has reached their target and we hope they will continue to fundraise through easyfundraising to help them with their next project,” he said.
- easyfundraising.org.uk is a free service that allows good causes across the UK to register their cause online for free donations when supporters shop online.
- Over 2,700 online retailers available via easyfundraising.org.uk including Amazon, John Lewis, M&S, Argos, Asda, Tesco, eBay, Ticketmaster, Expedia and many more.
- Over 50,000 causes signed up so far including schools, sports clubs, charities, community groups, churches and more.
- Established in 2005 by owner Ian Woodroffe.
- Raised over £5million in free donations for good causes so far.
- Over 500,000 registered supporters of good causes.
- Member of the Institute of Fundraising.
- The free to download easyfundraising toolbar helps supporters raise up to 5 times more donations.